“In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.”
- Static electricity
- Dry skin
- Cold, red, runny noses
- Eating too much
- Not wanting to get outta bed in the morning
- Not wanting to get in the tub
- Not wanting to get out of the tub
- Not wanting to get in the shower
- Not wanting to get out of the shower
- Freezing, bone-deep cold rain that drenches the soul through the
- Layers upon layers upon layers of clothes
- Ugly grey trees
- Flat, soggy brownish yellow ground
- The still blue-grey evenings just before dark
- Too much dry heat
- Driving cars that make me sleepy and struggling to stay awake
- Cold wind that splits right through me
- After the Super Bowl, what is there to do?
- I just hate being cold.
- I hate winter, period.
Sorry if I sound so melancholy. But by the end of February, I’m really tired of winter. Fortunately, I do live in the South where this year Georgia’s Groundhog General Beauregard Lee did NOT see his shadow at the Yellow River Game Ranch near Athens, so hopes for an early spring! Yay!
No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn. Hal Borland
How about you? Love winter, hate it, or somewhere in between? Let me know.
PS Saw some fat-bellied robins in the yard today. Another sign of an early spring. 😊
4 thoughts on “Stuff I hate about Winter”
Bleh. I’m with you regarding Winter, and even though I live in Arizona, it seems one’s blood gets thinner so what I could handle in Amarillo, I can’t stand anymore.
LikeLiked by 1 person
No kidding, Shannon. Think about those winters we endured as a kid and our families still live through. Ugh. No way. I can’t stand the GA winters. I’m sure I did get spoiled by living in south Florida for 7.5 years. 3 days of winter which meant 40 degrees and wearing a sweater.
I hate everything about winter. Especially shoveling the driveway. But this is the mildest winter of my life. It’s going to be 63 here today! In February!
Yes we’re having a mild winter too and I’m still a curmudgeon about it.